First download Speaking Times Table from the app store.
Open the app, have a quick look around at the app features and familiarise yourself with the learning and testing screens.
You will probably notice that by default the app is aimed at single student use, however the app has new features to turn on support for schools.
1. Tap on the cog on the main screen, then setup a pin. This will ensure that students can't accidentally change your schools setup. Alternatively you can use Touch ID or Face ID.
Please remember your pin. If you forget it, you will have to delete and re-install the app.
2. Regardless of whether you're using multiple devices, firstly setup your first student. From the first setting screen select ‘Student settings’, then ‘Students’ and give your first student a name.
3. On returning to the ‘Student settings’ screen you will now have the option ‘Multiple Student mode’. Turn this option on.
4. Now you have a decision to make, do you want to use multiple devices and have students access their accounts from more than one device?
If you choose multiple accounts, turn on iCloud support. Please note that with iCloud you need to use the same Apple Id across all your devices.
If you've decided to use multiple devices:- on your other devices, enable iCloud support and multiple student mode. Wait a few moments and ensure you're connected to the internet and the students you've setup on the other device should appear.
5. Next decide whether you want to enable quick toggling between students, if enabled this will enable you to easily switch between students. Please note the toggle feature is only available on the main screen.
6. Now tap on ‘Students’, you will see the following screen.
7. Here, you can use the ‘+’ button to add the names of the rest of your students. If you are using the app across multiple classes, we suggest that you add the class number at the end or start of the name, e.g. David (C3).
We hope these features enable your students to be successful in their times times tables.
If you have any further questions, please contacts us via the website.